With over 20,000 members and 200 affiliates and local chapters nationwide, CHADD is the nation’s leading non-profit organization serving individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
The National Resource Center on ADHD (NRC)
The National Resource Center on ADHD offers current research findings, information on diagnosis, treatment and interventions, and quality-of-life information about the disorder that is geared for health professionals, educators, researchers, parents and policy- makers. The center was established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), a national ADHD advocacy organization, in response to what the CDC considers to be a growing public health concern. The NRC was created to meet the information needs of both professionals and the general public.
ADHD and Women
National Institute of Mental Health Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder:
The National Institute of Mental Health is the lead Federal agency for research on mental and behavioral disorders. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is one of 27 components of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Federal government’s principal biomedical and behavioral research agency. NIH is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Internet Mental Health ADHD Information Center – This site includes information on diagnosis, treatment, and research, and includes links to booklets and magazine articles.
The following site talks about the research on benefits of green outdoor time on reducing ADHD symptoms.
ADD Warehouse – clearinghouse for all ADHD publications (800-233-9273)
The following ADHD websites are recommended from Dr. Russell Barkley’s site at http://www.russellbarkley.org:
- ADD Resources: addresources.org
- ADD Warehouse: addwarehouse.com
- ADD/ADHD Information: www.addandadhd.co.uk/home.htm
- ADHD Europe: adhdeurope.eu
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: aacap.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics: aap.org
- Attention Deficit Disorders Association (ADDA): add.org
- Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD): chadd.org
- Council for Exceptional Education (CEC): cec.sped.org
- Guilford Publications: guilford.com
- GSI Publications: gsi-add.com
- Healthline ADHD Information: healthline.com
- Information about medications and side effects: DrugWatch.com
- Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA): ldanatl.org
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities: nichcy.org
- National Institute of Mental Health: help4adhd.org
- Resource for finding special needs care: www.care.com
- Sam Goldstein: samgoldstien.com
- Saralu Belkofer Scholarship: luminconsulting.com/scholarship
- Schwab Foundation: schwablearning.org